- 1981: B.Sc. in Maths, Dept. of Maths, Univ. of Athens, GR
- 1985: M.Sc. in Computer Applications, Cranfield Institute of Technology, U.K.
- 1992: Master in Regional Development, Regional Development Institute, Panteion University.
- 2005: PhD in ICT and Local Development, Dept of Economic and Regional Development, Panteion University.
- 2006: Master in Adult Education, Hellenic Open University.
- 2010: Master in Information Systems Hellenic Open University.
- Information and communication Technology and regional development.
- Information and communication Technology and education
- Ad-hoc Networks
- Computer Programming (SELETE 1996-2002, ASPETE 2002-)
- Operating Systems (SELETE 1996-2002, ASPETE 2002-)
- Communications and Computer Networks (ASPETE 2002-)
- Programming Techniques (ASPETE 2002-)
- Operational Research (ASPETE 2002-)
- Environmental Protection (ASPETE, 2002-)
- Spiros Panetsos, Konstantinos Siassiakos, Athina Lazakidou. Adaptive Instruction in Adaptive Educational Hypermedia Systems. WSEAS transactions on Advances in Engineering Education, Issue 11, Vol 3, pp. 997 – 1002, 2006, ISSN 1790 – 1979.
- Kostas Fragos, Spiros Panetsos. Disambiguation of Greek Polysemous Words using Hierarchical Probabilistic Networks and a Chi-Square Feature Selection Strategy. International Journal on artificial Intelligence Tools (2007).
- Spiros Panetsos. Learning Styles in Adaptive Educational Systems. 18th EAEEIE Annual Conference Innovation in Education for Electrical and Information Engineering (Eie), July 2 – 4, 2007, Praha, Czech Republic.
- P. Karampelas, L. Ekonomou, S. Panetsos, G.E. Chatzarakis, LPAT: An Interactive Simulation Tool for Assessing the Lightning Performance of Hellenic High Voltage Transmission Lines, Journal of Applied Soft Computing (accepted).